What is the new MLN?
• A free social network / hub / best practice group for proactive managers and leaders in Northern Ireland
• A free on-line resource supporting local managers and leaders who seek to improve their skills and those of their teams
• A promotional / awareness body for M&L development
• A network currently consisting of over 4,000 registered members
• A response to the demand from local organisations and managers to reactivate this valuable network and service
Who is it for?
• Current and potential entrepreneurs
• Owners and managers of micro-businesses
• Owners and managers of SMEs
• Directors and managers of large firms
• Managers within the public sector
• Managers within the voluntary sector
• Future managers
What does it do?
MLN supports managers and leaders in Northern Ireland by providing:
• Free access to best practice materials and tools
• Free access to expert and exemplar thinking, experience & insight
• Regular updates on events and funding
• Regular invites and opportunities to attend development events, co-hosted by MLN and champion firms
• The opportunity to meet and network with other managers and leaders
What is on the website?
• Expert features and guidance in fields of:
Digital Marketing Matters
Environment / Recycling Matters
• Information, Expertise and Guidance from our Partners
Invest Northern Ireland
Ulster Business School
Chartered Management Institute
• Best Practice Resources
Best practice models and standards
Research and reports
Case studies (local exemplars and success stories)
SME guide books
• M&L Events
• M&L News
• M&L Funding Opportunities
What is in the e-zines (circa 12-18 per year)?
• Update on Events
• Update on Funding Opportunities
• Ambassador Article
• Top Ten Tips
• Carayol Quarterly Column
• Expert Monthly columns (from Champion Firms)
How much does membership cost?
• Membership is free
How can one join?
• Click here to register for free
What is the core message?
• Building excellent management and leadership capabilities benefits individuals, organisations and the economy
What is the call to action?
• Engage with MLN and in M&L development
• Use the expertise and resources to improve
• Utilise the signposted opportunities (events/funding) to help you achieve
• Engage – Improve - Achieve
How is the new MLN funded and resourced?
• MLN is now funded by local 'Champion Firms' and 'Partners'
• MLN is endorsed by a distinguished group of ‘Ambassadors’ (senior figures from NI and further a field)
• The Champion Firms and Ambassadors recognise the importance of excellence in M&L and the value of MLN
• The MLN brand / initiative is now owned and facilitated by Podiem, under the same team that brought you the original MLN