HR Professionals – The Unsung Heroes of Northern Ireland Business Through The Peace Process
Date: Tuesday 19th February
Time: 4.45pm - 7.00pmVenue: Ulster Business School, Loughview Suite, Jordanstown Campus
Cost: Free to attend
Booking: Click here to register to attend this event
Click here to download the event PDF flyer
Good community relations appeared in the Northern Ireland workplace long before they were realised by politicians and many communities are still divided today.
So, are HR Professionals the un-sung heroes of the Peace Process?
This important seminar will acknowledge the vital role HR played in implementing employee legislation in the 1980`s and 1990`s. It is free to attend and will feature an expert panel of speakers who will talk of the challenges they faced managing HR policy and practice at the height of the Troubles.
• Joe Stewart OBE, Currently Director of Human Resources PSNI. Previously HR Director Harland and Wolf and Director of The Engineering Employers Federation.
• Harry McConnell OBE. Currently a leading consultant in equality and HR. Previously Equality and Corporate Affairs Manager NIE and HR Director, Queens University.
• Marie Mallon, currently Deputy Chief Executive and Director of Human Resources, Belfast Health and Social Care Trust. Previously Director of HR, Royal Hospital Trust.
• Liz Torrans, currently HR business mentor. Previously Head of Human Resources BBC Northern Ireland, HR Director Ulster Hospital Trust, Head of HR Nacco/Hyster Materials Handling
• Paul Oakes, Manager Advisory Services Team at The Equality Commission for Northern Ireland. Paul will present the history of Fair Employment in Northern Ireland.
• Ken Belshaw , Chair. Visiting Professor University of Ulster, Dept of Management and Leadership. Co-founder Grafton Recruitment.
A supper will be available after the event at 6:30pm
This seminar will be of interest to anyone associated with the HR Profession in Northern Ireland. If you are undergraduate, post-graduate or practitioner you will learn how the profession contributed in the past and importantly how you can build on that past to play a key role in the workplace of the future.
Click here to view the full Management Month Calendar